April '18 HR To-Do List
Friday, March 30, 2018
Spring is in the air! The tulips are blossoming, the trees are blooming…and there’s pollen EVERYWHERE! Allergy sufferers, beware! April is traditionally a slower month for HR, so take advantage of it and get some “catch up” items done! Here’s some ideas to start you in the right direction:
- Of course, everyone knows April is TAX MONTH. Taxes are due this year on April 17, with the 15th falling on a weekend, and Monday the 16th being Emancipation Day in Washington DC, tax day is bumped to the 17th.
- Consider bringing in a tax expert to help employees with simple taxes! Remember, the less they are stressed about taxes at work, the more productive they’ll be.
- Spring Break is arriving soon for many schools, and companies may feel that too as parents take some time off to vacation with their kids or even enjoy a “staycation.” Make sure all vacations are covered, and encourage employees to take some time to relax!
- April 26 is Take our Daughters and Sons to Work day. Will your company participate this year? Learn more about the initiative and how you can get involved here.
- SHRM’s annual Talent Management Conference will take place April 16-18 at Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas. There’s still time to register!
- To catch up, do some audits on your systems, pay scales and rates, or benefits programs! Take a few minutes to sit down, think critically about the year ahead, and determine what you need to start planning NOW to make your life less stressful down the line!
Have other tips or items that HR Pros should be doing in April? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you!