HR To Do List: April
April 1, 2023
If you follow us on Facebook or Instagram, you already know that our theme of the month is Spring Cleaning! This applies not only to the home; a good spring cleaning at the office can have a huge impact on productivity! Consider these spring cleaning items for your employees:
- Sponsor a Spring Clean Up Hour (or two!) where no meetings are held and all employees take time to clean their work space. From filing paperwork, to organizing their computer desktop, to unloading the recycling bins, to bringing in a shredding service – cleaning up the clutter allows the brain to process, focus, and be more productive!
- If you don’t normally have a shredding service onsite, let employees know they can bring in papers from home to be shredded as well.
- Employees, especially those with a family and two working parents, may want or need some organization help at home, too! Consider referring (or even subsidizing!) an organization company like Bee Organized to help out at home. When things are going well at home, employees are happier at work, too.
Spring Cleaning doesn’t end with the actual cleaning and de-cluttering though. Take advantage of the fact that it’s usually a slower month for HR, and do some catch-up or preparation work so your headspace is de-cluttered as well!
- Don’t forget April 15 is tax day! Consider bringing in some tax experts to help employees with their taxes. (Don’t provide this advice yourself or on behalf of your company though!)
- Spring Break is upon us! Make sure vacation requests are turned in and approved with plenty of time to plan for coverage.
- Plan ahead for the SHRM Annual Conference in Las Vegas!
- Use this slower time of the year to attend some workshops and increase your HR education. It’s always changing and there’s always more to learn.
- Audit your 1st quarter now, so you don’t have to do it all at the end of the year. Look at your payroll reports, your benefits statements, and any other quarterly reports you produce or review.
Have a great month!