June HR To-Do List
Thursday, June 08, 2017
The dog days of summer are here! Thankfully there aren’t many deadlines during the month of June where HR is concerned, but since we’re halfway through the year, it’s a good time to audit yourself and your HR department. But maybe sneak in a vacation this summer too!
Here’s a list to get you started for June:
- Make sure your vacation calendar is up to date. Is there enough coverage for your business to keep running while people take some much needed vacations this summer?
- Think about how you are engaging and recognizing your employees. Does your Recognition program need an update?
- Apply for your local “Best Places to Work” Awards. Deadlines vary by location and the group that presents the awards. Look up the application dates for your local awards and mark your calendar now!
- Are your seasonal employees or summer interns hired and onboarded?
- Encourage managers to have a mid-year check-in with direct reports.
Update, audit, and review your internal HR website.
Audit your HR files and gather any missing documents.
Grab your sunscreen and be sure to get out there and enjoy the summer too. Remember, life isn’t all about work!