September HR To Do List
- Kids are back in school in September! Do you need to revisit any policies regarding flexible work schedules, time off for parents to deal with school issues, etc?
- EEO-1 Reports are due September 30th
- Start preparing a budget for 2018
- Start analyzing your YTD turnover rates by department and overall
- Schedule a flu-shot clinic
- Update, review, and audit your internal and external HR and recruiting websites
- Check in on your 2017 goals: where are you personally, as a department, and on your part of the company’s goals?
- Make sure you’re in compliance with local ordinances – many went into effect over the summer!
- October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month and National Breast Cancer Awareness month. Start preparing any events you’d like to sponsor to honor either or both causes
- Start thinking about any Halloween celebration(s) you will sponsor. Can you sponsor a Trick-or-Treating party for employee’s children? A costume contest for employees? A Halloween party?
As the summer winds down and pumpkin spice starts making its appearance everywhere, it’s still a good time to form some positive Work-Life Balance habits. Get outside and enjoy these last bits of summer; the Holidays will be here before we know it!