September HR To Do List
Thursday, September 21, 2017
2017 has flown by and it’s nearly 4th quarter already! Now is the time to start preparing for the madness of 4th quarter – the more you prepare now, the easier it will be at year-end.
- Kids are back in school in September! Do you need to revisit any policies regarding flexible work schedules, time off for parents to deal with school issues, etc?
- EEO-1 Reports are due September 30th
- Start preparing a budget for 2018
Start analyzing your YTD turnover rates by department and overall
- Schedule a flu-shot clinic
- Update, review, and audit your internal and external HR and recruiting websites
- Check in on your 2017 goals: where are you personally, as a department, and on your part of the company’s goals?
- Make sure you’re in compliance with local ordinances – many went into effect over the summer!
- October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month and National Breast Cancer Awareness month. Start preparing any events you’d like to sponsor to honor either or both causes
- Start thinking about any Halloween celebration(s) you will sponsor. Can you sponsor a Trick-or-Treating party for employee’s children? A costume contest for employees? A Halloween party?
As the summer winds down and pumpkin spice starts making its appearance everywhere, it’s still a good time to form some positive Work-Life Balance habits. Get outside and enjoy these last bits of summer; the Holidays will be here before we know it!