February 2018 HR To-Do List
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Whew! January has sure blown by quickly! Already time to start thinking about all things pink, red, and heart-shaped! (And, OK, let’s think about some work, too.) February usually isn’t as busy as January, allowing us to take a deep breath and slow down a bit. It’s a great time to check in on those resolutions you made in January, and make sure your team is on the same page as we push through the first quarter of 2018!
Some items to keep in mind:
- What is your company doing to acknowledge and honor February’s African American History Month?
- Valentine’s Day is Wednesday, February 14
- President’s Day is Monday, February 19. Have you communicated Company holidays for the year to your employees?
OSHA 300 Logs (forms 300 and 300A) must be posted from February 1-April 30.
- Did you send out your Total Rewards statements in January? If not, February’s your last chance. Any later and you look like you’re behind!
- If you have more than 50 employees, you’ll need to file your 1094-C and 1095-C forms with the IRS by February 28 if filing on paper, or March 31 if filing electronically.
- Update your employee handbook to ensure it reflects the new laws that went into effect on January 1! Join us for a workshop to learn more about these new laws; we’ll be doing one in Danville on February 15 an 6pm!
Have a great month!