January 2018 To-Do List
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Believe it or not, 2018 is officially upon us! So let’s gear up and get ready for the year; with some planning and a vision for the year, this can be the best year yet! So let’s get started!
- First and foremost, complete your goals and vision for the year!
- With all the new employment laws taking effect this year, it’s a good time to issue the annual update to your Employee Handbook.
- The new plan year begins for Flexible Spending Plans starts January 1; be sure your employees have made their designations for the year.
- The limit for 401k plan contributions for 2018 is $18,500. Be sure your employees have completed their designations for their 401k plans.
- Does your company implement annual pay increases in January? Be sure payroll and your HRIS systems are updated accordingly.
- Post new compliance posters (federal, state, and local).
- Double check minimum wage requirements in all your California locations and in other states as well.
- Roll over and/or purge documents that are no longer needed/required to be maintained.
- W2 Forms are due to employees January 31
- Did you pay more than $600 to a vendor or contractor who is an individual, partnership, Limited Liability Company (LLC), Limited Partnership (LP), or Estate? If so, 1099 Forms are due to these entities on January 31.
- 1095-C Forms were originally due January 31st, but this deadline has been extended to March 2, 2018.
- Update, review, and audit your HR website
- Last but not least, make sure your employees know just how much you value them by building a Total Rewards Report for each person. They know their salary, but do they know the value of all their benefits and how they all add up?
Ready, set, go! Get your 2018 off to a fantastic start!