National Day of Mourning December 5th
A National Day of Mourning occurs to do just this: recognize a former President and allow people the ability to attend or view memorial and remembrance events. The stock market and all federal offices will be closed, but most companies and offices will remain open for regular business tomorrow.
- The House and the Senate are postponing votes for a day
- The Supreme Court is postponing arguments for a day
- Federal employees will be excused from work
But there are a couple which may have more of an impact on the rest of us:
- The biggest hit will probably be that the US Postal Service will not deliver regular mail. If you’re counting on sending or receiving something in the regular mail, better take note!
- Some banks will be closed as well. Be sure to check with your bank, especially if you have any automatic payments due that day, or perhaps direct deposit for payroll?!
- The New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq will both be closed as well
For most, it will be business as usual, but be sure to plan ahead if your business, customers, or employees will be impacted by any of these changes tomorrow!