September '19 HR To Do List
Monday, August 26, 2019
Can you believe it’s nearly 4th quarter already?! Now is the time to start preparing for the madness of 4th quarter – the more you prepare now, the easier it will be at year-end.
- Kids are back in school in September! Do you need to revisit any policies regarding flexible work schedules, time off for parents to deal with school issues, etc?
- Do you have $50,000 in government contracts? If so, don’t forget your EEO-1 Reports are due September 30th
- Start preparing a budget for 2020
- Start analyzing your YTD turnover rates by department and overall
- Schedule a flu-shot clinic
- Update, review, and audit your internal and external HR and recruiting websites
- Check in on your 2019 goals: where are you personally, as a department, and on your part of the company’s goals?
- Make sure you’re in compliance with local ordinances
- Start thinking about year-end performance reviews. What’s your process? Who is reviewed? Are pay changes included with your process? Do you have all the forms you need?
- October is National Domestic Violence Awareness month and National Breast Cancer Awareness month. Start preparing any events you’d like to sponsor to honor either or both causes
- Start thinking about any Halloween celebration(s) you will sponsor. Can you sponsor a Trick-or-Treating party for employee’s children? A costume contest for employees? A Halloween party?
- And let’s get super-prepared – do you need to send Holiday cards to anyone? Employees? Vendors? Do you need to order a Holiday gift for employees? Start thinking about it NOW and avoid scrambling in the craziness that is the month of December!
As the summer winds down and pumpkin spice starts making its appearance everywhere, it’s still a good time to form some positive Work-Life Balance habits. Get outside and enjoy these last bits of summer; the Holidays will be here before we know it!