December HR To-Do List
Monday, November 14, 2016
Now is the time to start preparing for a smooth year-end! You probably have a number of things on your year-end list specific to your company, but here’s a start to your To-Do List for the month of December, 2016:
- Ensure you are in compliance with the new FLSA Overtime Ruling BY DECEMBER 1st!
(see our post describing the ruling in more detail here.)
- Is your holiday party finalized?
- Prepare or revisit your winter weather policies and be sure employees are aware of them
- Distribute 401(k) plan contribution change information for 2017 to employees
- Distribute FSA plan 2017 contribution information to employees
- Start your year-end payroll audit
- Prepare for creation and distribution of W2 forms, ACA 1094 and 1095 forms, and 1099 forms
- Analyze your exit interview results for the year